The National Black Law Students Association (NBLSA) articulates and promotes the needs of the Black legal community. Since its founding in 1968, NBLSA has continuously been at the forefronts of legal change and activism. NBLSA is proud to be the largest student run organization in the United States and is proud to serve its nearly 6,000 law student members. NBLSA has a presence abroad in six countries including but not limited to the Bahamas, Nigeria, and South Africa through chapters and affiliates. NBLSA encourages the development of talented and social conscious lawyers.
Why Join NBLSA
NBLSA members are personally and professionally enhanced through their NBLSA experiences. There is truly something for any law student, such as but not limited to:
*****SEE BELOW FOR GENERAL MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2016-2017 YEAR*****
Pre-Law Members: Potential Future Law Student
Law Student Members: Current matriculated JD law students
Law Student At-Large: Current matriculated JD law students who do not have a chapter at their institution
LLM Members: Current matriculated LLM law students
Alumni Members: Law School Graduates
Membership dues for Pre-Law Members affiliated will be $10 throughout the year. This option is for membership in the pre-law division of NBLSA for the 2016-17 academic year and the option pricing expires on July 31, 2017.
Law Students/Law Student At-Large Members:
Membership dues for Alumni Members will remain free throughout the year.
Payments for Individuals
Students are able to pay dues individually at https://nblsa.site-ym.com/general/register_member_type.asp . This method is also recommended for chapters with less than 30 members.*
Bulk Checks for Chapters: Bulk checks will be accepted from chapters of 30 or more members. Please follow the instructions below.
1. Please complete this excel sheet with the necessary information about your chapter membership.
2. Please mail your bulk checks at the ATTN of the National Treasurer.
Subject: Bulk Check Membership Dues
1225 11th Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001-4217
3. Once you have mailed the bulk check, please email the appropriate people from the list below with the COMPLETED Excel Sheet with your chapter membership information attached.
Keyosha Murray, Membership Specialist | email@example.com (Required)
Samantha McDowall, National Treasurer | firstname.lastname@example.org (Required)
Melanie Campbell, NEBLSA | email@example.com
Keyosha Murray, MWBLSA (Membership Specialist) | firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Once we have confirmed receipt of the check and Excel Sheet, one of our team members will contact the chapter president for the final steps.
* NOTE: The chapter president of a chapter with less than 20 members can inform his/her respective Regional Director of Membership and/or National Director of Membership when their members have registered. The directors of membership can confirm the number of members registered from his/her school by cross-referencing a list provided by the president with our records. The chapter president can submit the same Local Chapter Member List sheet above via email.